Blocks are a unique product. They were designed to make the laborious job of installing timber decks easy and less time consuming. No more need to struggle to dig precise holes and waiting days for concrete to cure.
CLICK HERE to watch a short video on this new game-changer!
- Prepare the area you want to install the deck.
- Place the blocks maximum 1.5 metres apart from each other in any direction, making sure they are level. (thickness of timber dictates space)
- Lay your beam in the required slot (either 38 or 50mm).
NB – Please ensure that the timber slotted into the required mould sits on the base of the Rika Blocks. If the timber is too thick, please use a grinder with sanding disc and sand down the area to fit.
- Connect your center joists with either galvanized brackets or coach screws and attach your decking boards over the top.Now screw the decking boards into the joists.
- Click here for help on on How to Build a deck.
Go to https://www.specifile.co.za for more great information.
It is not the only way to install a timber deck but is helpful when planning.
All we are suggesting is rather than:
- cut poles
- dig holes 600mm deep
- Enseal (surface treatment) end of pole to reseal exposed untreated end
- let that dry
- mix and pour concrete into the ground
- place and level pole in holes
- allow time for concrete to cure
- attach timber to poles
- attach center joists
- screw in decking
Use the block!
We would suggest you visit a timber retailer and ask them for some assistance in planning and working out the required timber for the deck you require.
Remember that it helps to take the exact measurements with you, and maybe even some pictures of the area you would like to deck.
Insist on using Blocks as they make DIY more friendly and the installation process much less labour intensive.
The Blocks are light weight, durable and strong. The cleverly engineered block is designed to be used with multiple types of timber.
The Blocks are moulded using a concrete mix called EPScrete: EPS concrete or (lightweight concrete) is a form of concrete known for its light weight made from cement and EPS (Expanded Polystyrene). It is a popular material for use in environmentally “green” homes.
Only recycled Styrofoam is used.
No more will constructing a deck, supporting a structure or setting up posts be a massive event.
Added benefits with using Blocks are:
If you are renting a property and construct a deck, you can easily disassemble the structure and reassemble on a new site. Can be used to elevate a Wendy House, Dog Kennel or Kids Playhouse……etc.
Just Block it!